Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I did it!


Tonight I made perfect scones. PERFECT. I have severely messed up the last few batches...I mean, they've been okay, but a little burnt sometimes, a little too cakey other times, that kind of thing. But all that is behind me now, because this very evening I concocted vegan scones with dried orange-scented cranberries, orange zest, and dark chocolate chips. The outside is fabulous and slightly crisp, with a little give when I squeeze them that hints at the flaky, moist interior. Not too much orange, just the right amount, and all the flavors melt together on my tongue in exactly the right proportions. I am SO excited about this! By the time I got around to taking a picture, the room mates and myself had eaten all but one...so the only picture of The Scones I got is of me, about to devour one.
YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment