That sometime (over the summer?) I want to re-visit and possibly write about a bunch of movies that I watched constantly when I was a kid. Many of them are definitely bad, most of them are probably really weird, and I may still enjoy a few. A preliminary list:
- The Secret of NIMH
- Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea
- We're Back (dinosaurs!)
- Homeward Bound
- An American Tail (and Fieval Goes West)
- Swiss Family Robinson
- Land Before Time (though Tanner continued watching these up to like the 43rd or whatever, I will stick to the first one)
- Back to the Future (first and second)
- Calamity Jane
- Milo and Otis
- Fiddler on the Roof (I will watch the whole thing, but as a kid I rarely watched the second half)
- Bringing up Baby
- Meet Me In St. Louis
- Grease
- Fantasia
- The Little Princess (pretty sure this is hella racist, in retrospect)
- The Secret Garden
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth version, obvs)
- The Three Lives of Thomasina
- Mary Poppins
- At least two Jane Eyre movies, though I'm not sure which ones
Movies that I didn't necessarily enjoy or watch a lot, but that have haunted me since my child-self saw them:
- The Last Unicorn
- Watership Down -- this movie ruined my life
- That weird animated version of The Hobbit
- Little Nemo (what was the actual name?)
No comments:
Post a Comment