Monday, March 14, 2011

Today I Had An Idea

That sometime (over the summer?) I want to re-visit and possibly write about a bunch of movies that I watched constantly when I was a kid. Many of them are definitely bad, most of them are probably really weird, and I may still enjoy a few. A preliminary list:
  • The Secret of NIMH
  • Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea
  • We're Back (dinosaurs!)
  • Homeward Bound
  • An American Tail (and Fieval Goes West)
  • Swiss Family Robinson
  • Land Before Time (though Tanner continued watching these up to like the 43rd or whatever, I will stick to the first one)
  • Back to the Future (first and second)
  • Calamity Jane
  • Milo and Otis
  • Fiddler on the Roof (I will watch the whole thing, but as a kid I rarely watched the second half)
  • Bringing up Baby
  • Meet Me In St. Louis
  • Grease
  • Fantasia
  • The Little Princess (pretty sure this is hella racist, in retrospect)
  • The Secret Garden
  • Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
  • Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth version, obvs)
  • The Three Lives of Thomasina
  • Mary Poppins
  • At least two Jane Eyre movies, though I'm not sure which ones
Movies that I didn't necessarily enjoy or watch a lot, but that have haunted me since my child-self saw them:
  • The Last Unicorn
  • Watership Down -- this movie ruined my life
  • That weird animated version of The Hobbit
  • Little Nemo (what was the actual name?)

No comments:

Post a Comment